Head of Machine Learning
Come join an eager team of AI enthusiasts dedicated to bring an exciting and game-changing technology to the innovative businesses we work with.
You will play a crucial role in ML2Grow’s ambition to drive AI adoption in industries by translating and designing the data-driven solutions that solve our client’s problems. Your daily responsibilities will activate your creativity, technical know-how and mentorship abilities.
The ideal candidate is a true ‘AI-translator’ that can map business requirements to innovative technical solutions. To build these solutions, you will lead and grow a team comprised of (junior) data scientists, machine learning engineers and data engineers.
You will directly report to the CTO to position AI models in the bigger picture of the total data-driven operational solution.
Do you want to be that person? Let’s get in touch.
Your role in our team
- Translate the desired operational impact on a business process into creative data-driven workflows. (Client to ML2Grow).
- Assess and communicate the impact of the developed technology on the operational workflow. (ML2Grow to client)
- Lead, grow and work with a technical team of (junior) data scientists and ML engineers to develop the proposed solutions. (ML2Grow to ML2Grow)
- Start from the problem and work towards solutions instead of the other way around.
- Review and structure the development of data explorations and ML model development.
- Communicate in a language everyone understands with a vocabulary that does not contain (AI) buzzwords.
- Become enthusiastic when ML technology goes live and starts impacting people and businesses.
- Lead and inspire with technological skill and knowledge.
ML2Grow provides services to help organizations with advanced machine learning increase productivity, gain competitiveness, and take full advantage of disruptive technology, which continues to affect markets rapidly.
At ML2Grow, we are happy if our technical solutions positively impact people’s lives and businesses. Many of our solutions are currently in production in Flanders and beyond in varied sets of businesses across verticals and independent of company size.
We work in a relaxed way, relying on our skills and quality of solutions in close collaboration with our clients.
Founded in 2017 as a spin-off company of Ghent University and imec, we house all expertise required to develop data-driven solutions, deliver production systems, and provide excellent operational support. Our unique vision and approach to machine learning technology have resulted in a proven track record with delivered value to SMEs and major brands in various market verticals.
- You hold a Master degree or PhD related to machine learning or prove similar knowledge via experience.
- You have a track record of using these technologies in relevant industry use-cases (> 1 year ).
- You have a hands-on background in data science and machine learning.
- You use modern and relevant frameworks in our field.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English, with other relevant language skills being a plus.
- You feel comfortable guiding and working together with a team.
- You communicate well to both internal and external stakeholders.
- You are a creative person willing to find the best solution to the problem.
What we would offer you
- A personalized and competitive fixed salary (package) with an added commission
- Company car, laptop, meal vouchers, fuel card, etc.
- The opportunity to work with and learn more about AI technology in a high-tech organization.
- A varied role that will allow you to meet a broad set of innovative and exciting client companies across sectors.
- A pleasant work environment in a spacious office located right next to the train station of Gent-Sint-Pieters.
- All chances to take initiative and grow within our organization.
- A relaxed work environment that offers flexibility to organize your workday in return for assuming ownership of your key roles and responsibilities.